Monday 25 July 2011

Miss Sri Lanka UK 2011


What's New - Update
29th July 2011

Some new photographs will be released on this blogspot late Monday/Tuesday 1st/2nd Aug. 


Dear Charmaine   cc: Jenny Ritchie

Many thanks for booking my dance band 'Black Velvet' to entertain at the 'Miss Sri Lanka UK 2011' dinner dance held at the Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury on Saturday 23rd July 2011.

Though Black Velvet did not have much of a chance to entertain with some ballroom dancing, due to the heavy schedule connected to the main event (Miss Sri Lanka UK), we certainly enjoyed seeing all those beautiful girls with their fabulous evening dresses, and to add to it, 3 of the band members also picked the winner.

As a token of rememberance, I have attached some photographs and mini video clips I was able to take when possible. Only wish I had brought my good big camera to capture all the action.

I am aware you will all soon be viewing some great photographs taken by the pro cameramen who were present but for some quick viewing, my blogspot will give you the opportunity of forwarding the blogspot link to your friends who were not present to enjoy this great event.


I had planned to include all the individual contestants photos in this blogspot which can be viewed full size A4 but have not done so as I would need Charmaine to give the OK.

All told, though the band did not work hard other than providing some light hearted background music, I had a good evening with most of my time spent taking care of the PA sound, and the music changes for all activities so no rest for the evil. It was also fun working with some of the other team members you had around who were all great and most friendly.

Thanks for introducing me to Jenny with whom I co-ordinated all the musical planning, and attending one of the rehearsals, I certainly observed the challenge she had training all the girls but she certainly did a grand job with all those beauties moving to the rhythm of the music, all well spoken and all beautiful. Wish them all the very best in the future.

Please click on the links below to view some of the still photo slide shows, video clips, and I have also enclosed a full Kodak Gallery photo album of about 150 photographs.

Congratulations to you and your supporting committee for all the hard work and also wishing you every success in all your future projects connected to the Sri Lankan Christian Association.

Best regards
Benny de Souza
Black Velvet

The Parade of the Kandy Lamissies &
the Village the Damsels
Click below to start slide show
Some Enchanted Evening
Parade in Evening Gowns
Click below to view slide show.

Who's Saree Now? Final Parade in Saree.
Take your pick - Miss Amity and the Web Queen, &
meet the winner and runners-up of our Beauty Bageant
MISS SRI LANKA UK 2011
Click below to view slide show.


Additional photos at random with brief video clip highlighting a
wonderful young girl singer who entertained brilliantly.

Click below to view.

Kodak Link below now restorted and photos can be viewed. Regret error - Regards Benny.

CLICK HERE ----->> View Kodak Gallery Album

Please wait for a few good seconds for the photos
to download and click Play arrow to view Slideshow.

Blogspot posted with permission and if any of you
have photos to add, please send to me on my email
bennydesouza@btinternet.com

FEW PHOTOS BELOW FOR QUICK VIEWING.
















Apologies if I have left out any of the beautiful ladies.
If any friends have taken photographs, you are welcome to send them to me and I will add to the blogspot as a token of rememberance.


1 comment:

  1. laurel Mathews27 July 2011 at 12:04

    Great Photos ! Beautiful girls. Good Show.

    ReplyDelete